• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this issue worthy of small claims or regular litigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tropicalily

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I invested in someone's company ($2,500), but they are refusing to return my principle investment without me sending them the original agreement. Unfortunately, I lost the original agreement. When I filed a complaint with the BBB, their final reply was "prove it" -- meaning prove that I invested. I have phone records, e-mails and a copy of that dividend check. It was stated in the contract that I would receive monthly dividends. I received one, but because I filed a complaint with the BBB, they are holding back on sending me future checks because I threatened them with legal action. The message that I received was if I respond to them that I'm not going to harm/make trouble for their company they will issue the dividend check(s). Now that does not mean they are going to return my initial investment. Do I have a case to take to take to small claims court? I have done the paper work and tried to have them served on them, but it was the wrong address. :mad: What are my chances of winning? Are their practices legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">