• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nspagy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts

I had made a deal with a friend at work to sell him my xbox 360 and he accepted with a verbal agreement. And about a month after we made the deal he gave me 200 dollars and we agreed that it was a down payment for me to hold it. After that i told him he had 10 days to pay me the rest and he did not. Now his mother is threatening to get a lawyer because we didnt have a written contract she wants the refund. Even though we agreed that he would not get the money back after the 10 days. I thought that in mass if you have a verbal agreement that it would stick. So if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts

I had made a deal with a friend at work to sell him my xbox 360 and he accepted with a verbal agreement. And about a month after we made the deal he gave me 200 dollars and we agreed that it was a down payment for me to hold it. After that i told him he had 10 days to pay me the rest and he did not. Now his mother is threatening to get a lawyer because we didnt have a written contract she wants the refund. Even though we agreed that he would not get the money back after the 10 days. I thought that in mass if you have a verbal agreement that it would stick. So if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
How do you expect to prove the deposit was nonrefundable? Give the money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">