• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord broke in!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osouthlondon

Hi,

I own a small car valeting business that i am using as a foundation/learning experience for future bigger ventures. Basically it consists of a small hut on the land of a hotel/gym/spa. I have a good relationship with the hotel and have never experienced any problems. However, over the weekend the hotel hosted an event in which they required a source of power - The most ideal source being my hut. I have recently been blessed with a baby and was not working at the time of the event. The gym manager, in my absence, instructed his maintenance guys to break into my hut to use the power supply. He then changed the locks and took the key home with him. When i arrived back to work i could obviously not gain access and the manager was on a day off and could not be reached, therefore i could not do my day's work. I spoke to him today and he advised that I am welcome to come and get the key, however I cannot change the lock or he will break in again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">