• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease to Own Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I am considering purchasing a business. The owner has offered me the option of Leasing to Own the business. I know that a local bank has a lein on the business. Is this legal? What happens if I pay my lease but the current owner doesn't pay his mortgage? Hypothetically, the bank could foreclose on the owner regardless of any agreement that I have with the owner and I could lose my equity.....right?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

I am considering purchasing a business. The owner has offered me the option of Leasing to Own the business. I know that a local bank has a lein on the business. Is this legal? What happens if I pay my lease but the current owner doesn't pay his mortgage? Hypothetically, the bank could foreclose on the owner regardless of any agreement that I have with the owner and I could lose my equity.....right??
Either purchase the business outright AFTER he clears the lien... or find another purchase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">