• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PIICGSMR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I am an independent contractor of a photography company that does business with third party companies. Besides the normal work we do for the other companies, we sometimes do promotional photos.

With the other companies in the past, we have never had issues doing business with them. However, this new client is proved to be untrustworthly and management is often not honest about the true nature of their wants i.e. they want us to take photos at an event; however, won't notify us until the day of but have it posted on a schedule for over a week. Thus, we have no time to prepare.

This company wants a CD of the promotional photos so they may print them out and use them for possible posters. The photos are promotional quality and not to be used for sale. However, I want to be covered should an issue arise. I plan on including an License Agreement on the CD under an legal folder. Would this be enough coverage? Is there more I can do or should do to insure the photos will be used for only promotional purposes? If they are not used properly, will a judge view this legal folder with the license agreement as enough for a breach of contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">