• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An LLC was formed in my name without me knowing!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kate_miller

I live in Colorado and a relative created an LLC in my name. They submitted the Articles of Organization with the Secretary of State. I can file a correction form and pay $150 to do this, but I want to make sure this will take care of it. So, here are my questions.

1. When I file the correction, I am including a letter stating this was done without my knowledge. But, do I have to state what I want done with the LLC or will it just become null because it was not formed legally?

2. What am I liable for? This has been set up for over a year and there have been acquisitions of stock in a publicly held company under this LLC's name. I found the SEC annual report filing stating this LLC is a majority stakeholder in this public company. What should I do about this?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Kate

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">