• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Managing Partner - what is it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Natalie Colon

What is the name of your state? TX

I am entertaining the idea of opening up a business with another person. We have decided on an equal monetary contribution to begin the business, but she is requesting the title of managing partner with 51% to 49%. I am unsure to the advantages and disadvantages of this proposal. :confused:

nae0622

Natalie Colon said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I am entertaining the idea of opening up a business with another person. We have decided on an equal monetary contribution to begin the business, but she is requesting the title of managing partner with 51% to 49%. I am unsure to the advantages and disadvantages of this proposal. :confused:
CA
When I worked for a corporation, my boss, who owned 51% of the business, fired his partners and bought them out. I believe with her having 51% would make her the controlling partner. Draw up a partnership agreement and pass it by a lawyer before committing to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">