• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Merchant account frozen and money stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anandnadaar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? INDIA

Hello Everybody,

I am really in need of some help from legal experts.

My name is Anand and I am from India. I had a merchant account with a merchant company from UK and we both went into agreement that they will be our official payment processor.
All went right for few months though there were some initial setbacks but I overcame that. It was a hidden fee as they call it statement fee that is weekly $50 which was never mentioned anywhere in the contracts or invoices.
I had one site being processed in the beginning but later I added one more site to my merchant account and I informed them. They replied 3 days later and told me to remove few drugs that they feel were objectionable but by then I had integrated the site to my account just for testing purpose and it was working fine but there was a misunderstanding between my admin team and Shipping department as we had 3 orders for Sertraline which was shipped by our shipping department during that period before the admin department could actually remove the products completely that was mentioned by merchant provider to be removed from our site to be able to continue. THIS WAS THE ISSUE.
Later a few days after.. I received an email from the merchant provider saying account has be blocked for shipping Sertraline as they spoke to Customers and they came to know about this. I AGREED and I gave them the order details and explained them what misunderstanding happened between our departments.
I requested them that this will not be repeated etc.. I apologized and agreed for any penalties or charge back fees that they wanted to deduct from my account for all the 3 orders. I requested them to re-open my account and let me process again and I needed one chance to prove that it was not intentionally done.

All that happened was they sent me shocking unimaginable email for settlement of my account which I thought might say how much they owe me but it was not the case. everything in that statement was fine like statement fees, chargeback fees and termination fees etc..
BUT ONE COLUMN THAT ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK WAS THE COLUMN OF 'BANK FINE' WHICH SHOWS $25000K AS FINE BEING LEVID TO MY ACCOUNT AND THAT NOW I HAD AROUND $11000K IN MY ACCOUNT WHICH WAS SEIZED AND NOW I HAVE TO PAY $14000K TO THEM.
I was shocked to see this.
1) I had not signed any contract with the bank.
2) No where in the contract they mentioned the amount of $25000k as fine amount if the merchant makes a mistake.
3) Sertraline is banned only in UK and that also for under 18.
4) No warnings and no second chance..
5) No consideration for being transparent and accepting the mistake and I also agreed to enter in a deed for not repeating such thing.

Please advise me how can I deal this.. I am in state of mess and need some help to fight them.

SHORTY LONG

US LAW Only; sorry.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? INDIA

Hello Everybody,

I am really in need of some help from legal experts.

My name is Anand and I am from India. I had a merchant account with a merchant company from UK and we both went into agreement that they will be our official payment processor.
All went right for few months though there were some initial setbacks but I overcame that. It was a hidden fee as they call it statement fee that is weekly $50 which was never mentioned anywhere in the contracts or invoices.
I had one site being processed in the beginning but later I added one more site to my merchant account and I informed them. They replied 3 days later and told me to remove few drugs that they feel were objectionable but by then I had integrated the site to my account just for testing purpose and it was working fine but there was a misunderstanding between my admin team and Shipping department as we had 3 orders for Sertraline which was shipped by our shipping department during that period before the admin department could actually remove the products completely that was mentioned by merchant provider to be removed from our site to be able to continue. THIS WAS THE ISSUE.
Later a few days after.. I received an email from the merchant provider saying account has be blocked for shipping Sertraline as they spoke to Customers and they came to know about this. I AGREED and I gave them the order details and explained them what misunderstanding happened between our departments.
I requested them that this will not be repeated etc.. I apologized and agreed for any penalties or charge back fees that they wanted to deduct from my account for all the 3 orders. I requested them to re-open my account and let me process again and I needed one chance to prove that it was not intentionally done.

All that happened was they sent me shocking unimaginable email for settlement of my account which I thought might say how much they owe me but it was not the case. everything in that statement was fine like statement fees, chargeback fees and termination fees etc..
BUT ONE COLUMN THAT ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK WAS THE COLUMN OF 'BANK FINE' WHICH SHOWS $25000K AS FINE BEING LEVID TO MY ACCOUNT AND THAT NOW I HAD AROUND $11000K IN MY ACCOUNT WHICH WAS SEIZED AND NOW I HAVE TO PAY $14000K TO THEM.
I was shocked to see this.
1) I had not signed any contract with the bank.
2) No where in the contract they mentioned the amount of $25000k as fine amount if the merchant makes a mistake.
3) Sertraline is banned only in UK and that also for under 18.
4) No warnings and no second chance..
5) No consideration for being transparent and accepting the mistake and I also agreed to enter in a deed for not repeating such thing.

Please advise me how can I deal this.. I am in state of mess and need some help to fight them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">