• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for dismissal for lack of prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

telesys7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

To whom it may concern,

My company (which was dissolved correctly 4 years ago) and I are in a Civil Law (Hillsborough County, Florida) Suit since 2004. They attached me personally sighting fraud. The whole case is ridiculous and I cannot get my attorney to help me.

There has been no activity on the case for over a year. I know I cannot represent my company in civil court since I am not an attorney but can I file a Motion for dismissal for lack of prosecution for myself? If so can I also write a letter to the Jude with my filed motion in layman terms with an paragraph stating no activity to speed up the decision and will there be a hearing on such motion or will the Jude just dismiss?

Thank you in advance for your time and reply!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">