• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are multiple bids required?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markthompson108

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I work for a privately held for-profit company. We are a subsidiary of a very large nonprofit. A new marketing VP came on board and this person has started moving us from our current vendors to new vendors without any RFPs or getting multiple bids. I over heard some bathroom talk that these new vendors are all friends of the new VP. He's even bringing in friends as consultants to give us advice on various projects. I know this isn't the best business practice but is this VP doing anything wrong?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I work for a privately held for-profit company. We are a subsidiary of a very large nonprofit. A new marketing VP came on board and this person has started moving us from our current vendors to new vendors without any RFPs or getting multiple bids. I over heard some bathroom talk that these new vendors are all friends of the new VP. He's even bringing in friends as consultants to give us advice on various projects. I know this isn't the best business practice but is this VP doing anything wrong?
I doubt that he is doing anything wrong from a legal perspective because I doubt that he is legally required to get competing bids in this scenario. However, as far as company policy is concerned, as Tranq said, ask his boss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">