• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

music contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

captainjohnny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? hi everyone, iam in uk so iam not sure if anyone can help but any advice would be very grateful.
My son entered into a music contract which was for 12 months and of which he had to pay £50 a month, after 3 months of very little activity and many broken verbal promises, my son decided to stop paying. Into month 5 he sent a cancellation letter stating he was wanting to cancel immediately, they have returned to him stating he owes 2 months money and now because the next month is due it will be 3 months he owes and so on till the time they recieve it.
they removed all social media of my son and took him off their artist list last month.can they keep asking for more monthly payments after thay have recieved the cancellation letter.plz help us, many many thanks.gary

quincy

Sorry, captainjohnny, but this site handles U.S. Law questions only.

If your son signed a music contract committing him to paying for 12 months, however, and he stopped paying what he agreed to pay, he may be stuck for the balance owing. Have the contract reviewed by an attorney in your area.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">