• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mutual NDA and failure of a Start up company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nap2626

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Connecticut

Hey All,

So I started to do work with a start up. The group consited of myself and two other guys. I was brought in. There was myself (engineer) another engineer and a business guy. At any rate I signed a typical mutual NDA agreement (which you can find through google). And we proceeded further on.

We eventually designed a few things of which me and the other engineer came up with. The business guy and the other engineer had an extreme falling out and I was stuck in the middle. Things turn from bad to worse and I decided to leave.

My question is my next course of action to protect my work. On some of the designs I did majority of the work with the other engineer (he left too). We never signed releases or anything.
The only thing I signed was a mutual nda agreement which unforuntaley the business guy never signed. But from my understanding he can not take my designs or the other engineers designs and use them for himself.

I am looking for advice as to how to protect my butt as well as protect my work.

Thanks for any input

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">