• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My partner has dishonoured his agreement and has been stealing money from our shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artifactis

Hello

I have been in dispute with my partner from day one of our agreement.

We signed a 50 50 partnership in a new business based on an existing model but he has not honored this agreement and I have evidence of money losses due to his negligence

This has voided the deal and so i have proceeded to remove half the goods within the shop and requested that he leave
Im trying to be fair but he has now accused me of theft and conspiracy of hostile takeover with his employee a 19 year old girl who does the accounting and sales records She has spoken with me about putting money in his hands to bank that never arrive several times in three months

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

Hello

I have been in dispute with my partner from day one of our agreement.

XXXXXXX

We signed a 50 50 partnership in a new business based on an existing model but he has not honored this agreement and I have evidence of money losses due to his negligence

This has voided the deal and so i have proceeded to remove half the goods within the shop and requested that he leave
Im trying to be fair but he has now accused me of theft and conspiracy of hostile takeover with his employee a 19 year old girl who does the accounting and sales records She has spoken with me about putting money in his hands to bank that never arrive several times in three months
Your post is being sent to moderators to have the real names removed from it, artifactis. It will be returned once the editing is done. I have quoted the remaining part of your thread so others can address your legal questions.

The way you are describing your actions is not how business partnerships are dissolved. I suggest you do not remove any more items from your shop until you speak with an attorney in your area.

In the meantime, I hope you are not arrested for theft.

quincy

I am going to guess the OP is not from the US.
Oh. I thought I checked for that.

I think, if memory serves me, the poster wrote his state name in the "location" space - but I didn't make note of it - and my memory does not always serve me. :)

He did spell the word "honored" without the "u."

artifactis

Your post is being sent to moderators to have the real names removed from it, artifactis. It will be returned once the editing is done. I have quoted the remaining part of your thread so others can address your legal questions.

The way you are describing your actions is not how business partnerships are dissolved. I suggest you do not remove any more items from your shop until you speak with an attorney in your area.

In the meantime, I hope you are not arrested for theft.
Some of the items in our store are wholly owned buy each party and shared by the store
I have agreed to return these items to the shop excluding the items that are wholly owned by myself
and there is possibly still chance that legal action may be taken.

quincy

Some of the items in our store are wholly owned buy each party and shared by the store
I have agreed to return these items to the shop excluding the items that are wholly owned by myself
and there is possibly still chance that legal action may be taken.
My memory did not serve me well.

What state are you in, artifactis, or, if not in the U.S., from what country are you posting?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">