• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my situation "conflict of interest?"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davidscur

I work in Tennessee for a security company named Securitas. Securitas does security contract work for businesss's. I worked at GAP inc before working for this company. When I left GAP inc I left on good terms, two weeks notice and everything. Started working for Securitas and worked at a Tyson post. Securitas lost the contract for Tyson and transferred me to GAP inc to work at a security post there. It has almost been six months since I worked for GAP inc and I have been at the security post at gap for a month and a half. I started training someone at this post last Friday and found out yesterday that he is going to be taking my position and spot at this post. I called my manager because no one told me what was going on. He told me that there was a conflict of interest because I used to work for GAP inc, and asked how long ago I quit there. I explained to him that it has almost been six months since I worked for GAP. Any advice in this situation? I can't figure out how this is any related to conflict of interest.

FlyingRon

They don't need a reason to move you. Sometimes it's regarded as a good thing that you are familiar with the store, sometimes it's regarded as a bad thing (too chummy with your ex-coworkers).

single317dad

Perhaps they fear you're too familiar with the company's own security procedures, which they share only with certain employees, and purposely keep secret from their contracted security firm.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To expand on Flying Ron's post and, hopefully, avoid the follow up question: It doesn't matter whether they claim it's a conflict of interest, or even if it is or isn't a conflict of interest. They are free to move you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">