• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wepay account was terminated without legitimate reason.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PJ63

I live in Pennsylvania. My wepay account was terminated without legitimate reason. When I contacted the company they refused to give any reasoning behind why my account was closed. As a result, all funds that I had raised from crowdfunding over the last few weeks had been terminated and I lost it all because wepay was the only supported payment gateway. It seems to me that unjust account terminations that cause earned finances to be terminated would be against the law, but I don't know. Was this unlawful? I'm trying to report this company because they caused me to lose all my legitimate hard work.

Proserpina

I live in Pennsylvania. My wepay account was terminated without legitimate reason. When I contacted the company they refused to give any reasoning behind why my account was closed. As a result, all funds that I had raised from crowdfunding over the last few weeks had been terminated and I lost it all because wepay was the only supported payment gateway. It seems to me that unjust account terminations that cause earned finances to be terminated would be against the law, but I don't know. Was this unlawful? I'm trying to report this company because they caused me to lose all my legitimate hard work.
Is there anything here you might have missed?

https://go.wepay.com/terms-of-service-us

tranquility

From the Wepay TOS:

27. Termination
If your WePay Account is terminated for any reason or no reason, you agree: (a) to continue to be bound by this Agreement, (b) to immediately stop using the Service and to remove all card logos from your website and wherever else they are displayed, (c) that the license provided under this Agreement shall end, (d) that we reserve the right (but have no obligation) to delete all of your information and Account data stored on our servers, and (e) that WePay shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of access to the Service, deletion of your information or Account data, or export of your information or Account data.
Basically,
You should understand the consequences of termination of your WePay Account.
28. Your Right to Terminate
You may terminate this Agreement by closing your WePay Account at any time. When you close your WePay Account, any pending transactions will be cancelled. Any funds that the Bank holding in custody for you at the time of closure, less any applicable Fees, will be paid out to you according to your payout schedule, assuming all payout-related authentication requirements have been fulfilled (for example, you may not close your WePay Account as a means of evading your payout schedule). If an investigation is pending at the time you close your WePay Account, the Bank may hold your funds as described herein. If you are later determined to be entitled to some or all of the funds in dispute, the Bank will release those funds to you.
Basically,
If you close your WePay Account, the Bank will send you your money, but it may be subject to limitations or hold periods to ensure that you can fulfill your obligations.
29. Our Right to Terminate
We may terminate this Agreement and close your WePay Account for any reason or no reason at any time upon notice to you. We may also suspend the Service and instruct the Bank to suspend access to your WePay Account (including the funds in your WePay Account) if you (a) have violated the terms of the WePay's policies or this Agreement, (b) pose an unacceptable credit or fraud risk to us, or (c) provide any false, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading information or otherwise engage in fraudulent or illegal conduct.
Basically,
We may terminate this Agreement and close your Account for any reason or no reason at any time, but we'll always keep you informed.
30. Effect of Termination
We will not be liable to you for compensation, reimbursement, or damages in connection with any termination or suspension of the Service. Any termination of this Agreement does not relieve you of any obligations to pay any Fees or costs accrued prior to the termination and any other amounts owed by you to us as provided in this Agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">