• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

name on receipt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello,

I had a client that paid for an order using a credit card that is supposed to be their own. address and zip code matched when I ran card. Let's call this client company A.
but, the order was really for company B, which is located in Europe.

I ran company A's card and sent them a receipt, with their company name and address appearing on the receipt.

Now company A wants me to change the name and address to that of company B.

Is there any danger for me if I do this? Are they planning a chargeback, or something?
These people have been trouble right from the beginning and I am afraid they plan on doing something evil.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello,

I had a client that paid for an order using a credit card that is supposed to be their own. address and zip code matched when I ran card. Let's call this client company A.
but, the order was really for company B, which is located in Europe.

I ran company A's card and sent them a receipt, with their company name and address appearing on the receipt.

Now company A wants me to change the name and address to that of company B.

Is there any danger for me if I do this? Are they planning a chargeback, or something?
These people have been trouble right from the beginning and I am afraid they plan on doing something evil.
Company A ordered the product, company A paid you. I would not agree to change the invoice for any reason at all. Its more likely that it has something to do with their financial arrangements with company B, rather than them planning to try a chargeback, but I still would not do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">