• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need answer on recoverable draw question please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattnduke

I am a 1099 salesperson that signed an employment agreement. There was no length of time for employment, just general provisions regarding employment and what the company would provide me as a 1099 home based salesperson. No where in the contract or in discussions about employment did we discuss what would happen if I quit or was fired. The only part of the contract pertaining to the recoverable draw states the following-

Initial Ramp period
$XYZ optional recoverable draw for first 9 months**

**commissions paid out after draw is recovered

The amount of the draw far outweighs the minimum wage in Arizona, where I am located. The company is headquarted in California.

The idea was that after the draw was recovered in company profit, I would be straight commission. There is a heavy negative balance in what I have been paid in the draw versus what has been recovered in profit and commission. But absolutely no where does it state that I have to pay it back if I quit nor define recoverable other than what was stated above.

Can they sue to recoever the $$?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">