• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal definition of "offer accepted for value and returned for value"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

welcomelady

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

Urgent Time Crunch---Filed against client in small claims court for failure to pay for contracted services. After papers were served by the marshall, client sent me certified letter, including $20 postal money order labelled "first payment" and all paperwork rubber stamped with gigantic stamp that says "offer accepted for value and returned for value." What is that supposed to mean?

Their cover letter states "Enclosed please find $20.....blah blah.....leaving a balance of full dollar value minus twenty dollars" It also says I shall present proof of claim or account settles in full and closes in ten days upon reciept of this letter! IS THIS SOME KIND OF LEGAL LOOPHOLE??? Sounds like I don't have much time, if so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">