• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need urgent advice on business acquisition gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VanMan99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada/BC

I need advice on what to do about recent events before I go an get a lawyer.
I settled out of court about 6 months ago because I did not have 80 to 100K to give my lawyer even though I was confident I had enough evedence to prove I was a victim of fraud. So I ended up handing over control of my company that I had worked hard to build for many years to a guy who told me from the onset that he would win because he had money and I didn't.
I was forced to rely on a contract that gave me 500K in shares in his public company for which I was told the value would be .50 cents or more in a years time and after he raised money from investors. And for an additional 40K that he was supposed to pay me in installments. %K right away and 35K as the company made money over the following year. I bearly got 3500.00 from him and it took a few months to get that. The 5K was supposed to come from a bank account that was turned over to him but he took that money instead. I had to beg for the money I did get and I used it towards my living expenses as I no longer had an income after he fired me from the company. He now has sold the company to another company for a fraction of what it is worth and is de-listing his public company so I can expect to get nothing further from him and the shares are mostly worthless if not completely. I also hear that he got 2 big investors to give him 100K just before the sale and that was to help the company stay afloat. Yet I also hear that the company was 20K in the black each month after expenses. He also cleaned out the bank accounts prior to selling the company and the new owner now has to step in with money to keep it going.

I was never paid as per the terms of the settlement. Do I still have a claim to the company? It is a mess and I do not have a hundred thousand to spend on lawyers to chase this down.

I feel that since I was not paid as the contract stated, that contract should be void and the company should revert back to me. If I sold my car right now, the finance company would get the money and not me.
The company should have been sold for minimum 500K and everyone should be paid out but that does not seem to be the case. Do I not have a right to make a claim? The new owner is getting the company at a bargain and at my expense. The guy who sold it has assets in Canada but is staying at his hotel in Mexico.
He has a major history of taking peoples money for investing in stuff and not giving them anything in return and I guess I am another victim.

What should I do?

The company that just purchased the company for 100K wants me to turn over control of the PayPal account which is still in my name. I am not inclined to do so since I have not been paid.

Please help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Why did you do business with a man with a history of taking people's money and not giving them anything in return?

You made the choice to settle out of court "about six months ago." If you can't afford an attorney, I don't see what anyone here can do for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">