• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Disclosure Aggreemtn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlythomas

Hello. I have question that I was hoping someone may be able to help with telling me what this paragraph means. I back in 2010 signed a non disclosure aggreement when I became an employee, and I am looking to leave my job. Does anyone know what this mean? Any help would be appreciated. I have my own ideas, but was just looking for others.

"Without the prior written consent of the company, neither the receiving party (me) nor any of the recieveing party's representatives shall initiate or cause to be initiated (other than through the company) any communication with any of the companys (where I work) employees or contractors concerning the confidential information or any possible transaction, and the receiving party and the receiving party's representatives shall not, for a period of one year after the date of the this aggreement, solicit or cause to be solicited the employement of or employ, many person who is now employed by the company as an empoyee or a contractor.

quincy

From what U.S. state are you posting, carlythomas?

Judging by all of the spelling and grammar errors in what you quoted of the contract terms, I assume you did not quote directly from the contract but from memory? The entire contract should be reviewed, and not just excerpts pulled from the contract, to determine the meaning and intent of a clause.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">