• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non payment of contract labor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dh2john

texas

i am seeking advice on contract labor. i am owed almost 5 thousand dollars from a company i did contract labor for in mesquite Texas . i cannot reach the owner on the phone anymore . I do have 2 checks that i cannot cash and i have not received a 1099 from him for last year. if anyone can help me i would be very grateful.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

i am owed almost 5 thousand dollars from a company i did contract labor for in mesquite Texas . i cannot reach the owner on the phone anymore . I do have 2 checks that i cannot cash and i have not received a 1099 from him for last year.
Do you have the company's address??
Do you know who the OWNER is??
If yes to both the above, you need to RUN (not walk) to your local county courthouse (or annex) and file a small claims suit against the company.

If you don't know who the owner is, then you will need to do some research. Start at your county clerk office and see if the business is registered as a d/b/a (Doing Business As). Most small businesses are. Get a copy of the 'registration' and sue the person named as 'owner' at the address shown on the form.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">