• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining a usable equipment rental agreement contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aeneas1224

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hello.

First time here. I am just starting a small part time business renting a few items of baby equipment. Cribs, strollers etc.. In anticipation of conducting my first transaction i am assuming I will have each customer sign a rental agreement and liability waiver. I was wondering about the best way to go about getting one. Can I just see what other companies just like mine have their customers sign and then just use the same clauses with the same wording while substituting my company name in place of theirs? Do I need to hire a lawyer and draft one specifically for myself? Just curious what my options are and if perhaps that first one is legally acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any expertise and assistance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hello.

First time here. I am just starting a small part time business renting a few items of baby equipment. Cribs, strollers etc.. In anticipation of conducting my first transaction i am assuming I will have each customer sign a rental agreement and liability waiver. I was wondering about the best way to go about getting one. Can I just see what other companies just like mine have their customers sign and then just use the same clauses with the same wording while substituting my company name in place of theirs? Do I need to hire a lawyer and draft one specifically for myself? Just curious what my options are and if perhaps that first one is legally acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any expertise and assistance.
Your request is beyond the scope of this forum. Yes, you should contact an attorney to review everything and review/draft any contracts.

ETA: You cannot steal the work of other companies by just using their contracts and changing the name. You really shouldn't rely on a form that you may find on the internet without having an attorney review it. And please remember that no liability waiver can prevent you from being sued and having to defend yourself. I would suggest that you purchase the maximum amount of insurance coverage that you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">