• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owed $25,000 for work.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oregonxc

Oregon

Not sure where to post this.

I am a software engineer and have worked for a company Corp to Corp since Jan 2007. No contract exists and the company has not paid the last three invoices for a total of $25,000. I have hired a collection agency to collect. The agency has received an offer for a one year payout but the owing company wants me to sign a release that amounts to a non-discosure and non-compete.

I just want my money and don't think I should have to sign such an agreement. The collection agency is ready to bail and let me file suit. Not sure if I should just sign the agreement and move on or file suit. Any opinions?

JETX

Not sure if I should just sign the agreement and move on or file suit. Any opinions?
Yep. No one can make your mind up for you. YOU have to evaluate all the risks and potential rewards... then take whatever action you feel is to your advantage.

oregonxc

Yep. No one can make your mind up for you. YOU have to evaluate all the risks and potential rewards... then take whatever action you feel is to your advantage.
Really? Never would have guessed that. I thought this was Oprah. My bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">