• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partner Agreement issues...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steve02aa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I (stupidly) entered in a partner agreement with a lady for some business purpose back in July 2013. In the agreement, it states my roles "To produce all projects necessary to meet project directive, including but not limited to, Website/Web Design, Creating General Pricing, General administrative duties, Site Layout Design, Other Graphic Features, Content" - In other words, I was to design this website. During July to to present day, I have been working on the website (a little rocky in the first month, since she hadn't gotten website hosting yet). Without warning, the other partner decides to lock me out and goes all crazy on me. She claims I work to slow, I'm never available exactly when she needs me, and it gets worse with her harassment now (I never knew a lady could have a filthy vocabulary!) when I said I'm going to dissolve my side simply because I couldn't devote the time to this project because I do have my own business and clients and projects. She she knew this and I told her repeatedly that this project and agreement doesn't revolve around her, but around my schedule and I can't just stop the world every time she snaps her fingers, emails me, text's me, or calls me and she understood and was fully aware.

Now that I say I want to dissolve the agreement - she says she will not sign it (when I actually send it) and proceeds with another 100 more texts and voicemails of her profanity filled speech calling me names I don't even even exist yet! Anyhow, we do have a deadlock portion on the agreement - even a date of when the agreement will end (July 2014).

I guess my question here is: If she refuses to sign it, what legal action do you think I can further take to end this agreement? Does all her harassment constitute anything that a court could say "ok..this agreement is over right now." And, if I go back to her and say I've decided to NOT dissolve my end and I'll perform my roles outlined in the agreement - but she flat out refuses to speak with me, threatens me, harasses me, threatens to sue me (for what, I have no idea) and basically locks me out (i.e. won't let me log into the website to design it) to the point that I cannot fulfill my role(s) - even though I'm repeatedly telling "hey...I'm here, I'm available and ready....let me so I can work." - what do I do then? Just ride out the agreement until it expires in July 2014 and it dissolves itself?

What do you think?

Thank you in advance for reading and replying.

Dave1952

I think you'll wish to speak with a lawyer. I'd read the partnership agreement and bring a copy to the lawyer, he'll need it. Your post suggests that the agreement was breached when you were locked out of the web-site that you are designing. It will, perhaps, be cheaper to patch your differences and finish the work that you have agreed to rather than dissolve this partnership. If you and the other partners are unable to resolve your problems the partnership agreement may discuss how you may leave the partnership.
I'm puzzled by the expected end date of the partnership. A partnership is a business, do you expect this business to end next July?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">