• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partner wants out plus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LKCWLP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My partner (bought a 45% interest) in my existing business. Now after only a year in, she is looking for any excuse to get out. She has quit working which we agreed we both need to do to make the business work. We were working on expanding one area of the business and that is all she worked on. Now apparently, her agenda is to get out. She wants an outrageous amount of money. The business has not had profit since she bought into the business, the value of the business in on a downward spiral with the economy and there is no excess cash either in the business or my bank account to pay her much. I paid for a business valuation which shows what her share would be if we sold it. I am going to abandon the expansion we were doing because it is losing money. The other portion of the business is also losing money. Some of her clients are not paying their bills to us. There is no signed agreement of any kind. She did not require any financials when she got into the business. Her threat is to sue me for fraud. Does she have any cause and what can I do to get this resolved. We are going to mediation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">