• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone system problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NGC414

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
We changed to a VOIP phone system last year for our business. My biggest concern was service since our phones our critical. I signed a 3 year contract, but was told if we have any service issues or problems we could terminate at any time.
We had problems since day one. When our phones go down it takes all day to get ahold of a tech. They dont return calls and are never in the office. In a nut shell the system and service is horrible.
I sent several emails and left several messages asking if we could get out of the contract since we are unhappy. Yesterday (a week after the first message I left) They told me we could not get out of it. Basically the would only end the contract due to service issues within the first few days of service.
I realize I am in a bad spot, I assume since the originall agreement to get out of the contract was verbal, I am stuck. I should have got it in writing. Is there any other options or do I need to bite the bullet for another year?

Thanks,

Hot Topic

And you're a businessman? You never, EVER make verbal agreements when it comes to your company. Did you do any research before you committed the company to doing business with X? Did you check with the BBB to see if there were any complaints about X?

Run your problem past an attorney (the bar association here sponsors clinics where you can talk to an attorney who specializes in your area for a limited period of time at no charge).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">