• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help settle an argument...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TWA360

Please note before you read the whole post that this is not a real or important issue. It is a debate between mates that began in a Fantasy Basketball game and now I am trying everything to win the argument. Please don't read it if you are going to abuse me for wasting your time. I know its childish but I just want to win the argument! Also I understand that none of the agreements we have made are legally enforceable, but lets pretend in our fantasy game that they are.

Basically, both my friend Pat and I compete in a fantasy basketball league with a group of mates from school. The league has existed for about 5 years now. This is my 3rd season in the league and Pat is competing in his first season.

He has quickly become very annoying by posting on the game forum constantly and referring to himself in third person.

Our teams played each other last week and in an attempt to shut him up a bit I proposed a friendly agreement in which the losing team would have restriction on what they could post in the league forum.

What is also important to understand is that we all have 'fantasy' franchises and all have made up franchise stadiums, board members ect. Pat's team is called the Brooklyn Ghetto Penguins.

These were my conditions that he agreed to. We agreed that the conditions were to be imposed on the losing manager. I won the match and am now trying to enforce these rules.

1. The Brooklyn Ghetto Penguins can no longer refer to themselves as the Brooklyn Ghetto Penguins and must talk in first person.

2. The BGP are restricted to one (1) post per day. However, there is no limit to the length.

3. The BGP may only communicate with teams through posting on the forum. No emails, smack talk, false trade offers or name changes.

Pat is now trying to claim he has created an affiliate company, the Maurice Corporation, who have "been granted permission by the board to represent the Brooklyn Ghetto Penguins in all forms of media". He now thinks that he can post as much as he like as it is coming from them and not him.

It's clearly obvious that it is him doing all the posting as it comes from his profile.

He is claiming that the Maurice Corporation have his details and are doing it on his behalf.

Is there some way I can prove him wrong or screw him over? Is the affiliate company bound to the injunction enforced on the Brooklyn Ghetto Penguins?

I'm pissed that he may have found a loophole and want to get him back!

Again, sorry for the lameness but i want revenge haha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">