• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angrypartner

I have been distributing a software application for 7 years. During this time I have marketed and sold the software based on the claim by the developer that the technology within the application is 100% developed in house.

I recently discovered the majority of the technology is 3rd party technology acquired through licensing, and is commonly included in competing products. It appears very of the product is owned or created by the developer.

I can appreciate not disclosing the technology source to protect trade secrets, but deliberately lying to me as a distributor and my subsequent continuation of that lie in marketing and sales has me concerned and ready to seek an exit from the business.

The disclosure of this information to our customers, and competitors is potentially catastrophic to the business as it would ruin the company's credibility through out the industry.

Is this fraud, something else or nothing at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">