• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prize

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r2lrn

What is the name of your state? tx

I received a letter from a company which read I had a chance to win xyz prizes. (they received my info since I own a bizness) I called them up 2 see what it was about. They informed me that they were a company that advertises there products thru other business. The way they get us interested in doing so is by coming up w/ contests 2 win prizes. Then they said that I had 2 purchase $XXX.XX worth of products 2 be entered. I did so.
I received my products and was entered in the drawing.
Several weeks later I received my prize & a call saying that I was also entered in a new contest. In order for me to join that one I had 2 pay $X,XXX.XX worth of products.
Seeing that the new contest contained a prize that could possible help my business grow (the contest was a cash prize ranging from $X,XXX.XX - $XX,XXX.XX) I accepted & paid them the X,XXX.XX & was entered.
As of now it seemed that they did what they said they would (except 4 a minor lie about the 1st prize I got). When I received a call about 1 month later they said that in order for me 2 be entered in the drawing 4 the cash prize. I would need 2 purchase X,XXX.XX of there products again.

This is where my question comes in. To me it seems that they lure you in to purchasing there products (which I think is over priced) by entering you in a contest (that u r guaranteed 2 win). Once you win then they lure you into purchasing a lot more of there over priced products by saying you have a chance to win another prize. I feel that I have already paid for the prize that I won and was scammed into purchasing overpriced products. Also they expect you to advertize for them on how great they r and there products.

As of now I am pretty upset @ them and want my money back & wouldn’t mind returning there products and prize that I basically paid for back to them. Do you think I will have a case if I try 2 file suits against them?

Last edited:

Dandy Don

File a complaint with the state attorney general for your state so that this business can be investigated and shut down and possibly issue refunds to misled customers.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

r2lrn said:
I dont believe so :confused: but can you refresh my memory about him and/or case he filed.

My response:

P. T. Barnum is most often associated with the circus sideshow and the display of freaks. While this is true, he is also the founding force behind one of America's most famous circuses: Barnum & Bailey Circus. Barnum is also affiliated with the famous quote "There's a sucker born every minute."

Tag. You're it.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dandy Don said:
File a complaint with the state attorney general for your state so that this business can be investigated and shut down and possibly issue refunds to misled customers.

My response:

DANDY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS!

With little or no information concerning illegalities of this company, you're ready to have them idicted, hung, and buried.

All because a company holds contests, and has come up with a product marketing scheme that ensnares idiots, like our writer, doesn't mean the company is doing anything illegal!!

Stop being a DANDY DOOOOOOOFUS!

IAAL

r2lrn

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

DANDY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS!

.........idiots, like our writer,........

Stop being a DANDY DOOOOOOOFUS!

IAAL
you know by calling other people idots & a dofus doesnt help the situation... simply leaving this out would be fine... next time if u got something bad 2 say about some1 just keep it 2 urself.... this forum should be a professional forum....

plus there is nothing EDUCATIONAL about ur quote's above since u dont know me just 1 bad action that i took

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

r2lrn said:
you know by calling other people idots & a dofus doesnt help the situation... simply leaving this out would be fine... next time if u got something bad 2 say about some1 just keep it 2 urself.... this forum should be a professional forum....

plus there is nothing EDUCATIONAL about ur quote's above since u dont know me just 1 bad action that i took

My response:

You actually made my point. Your own post, above, with all of its misspellings, actually demonstrates your lack of education which, in turn, tells us that you're not a very smart person, and an "easy mark" for these types of sales tactics.

IAAL

r2lrn

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You actually made my point. Your own post, above, with all of its misspellings, actually demonstrates your lack of education which, in turn, tells us that you're not a very smart person, and an "easy mark" for these types of sales tactics.

IAAL

When i write my forums I dont thnk about grammer only what my concerns or point i am trying 2 get across. Plus I am busy most of the time & dont have time 2 think about spelling errors or grammar. But what u say is ur opinion & every1 has there own opinion about everyone & everythng so again I appreciate ur opinion but dislike the fact u calling me an idiot when u dont know me. According 2 ur profile ur a lawyer. SO ACT LIKE ONE & BE PROFESSIONAL.

HomeGuru

r2lrn said:
When i write my forums I dont thnk about grammer only what my concerns or point i am trying 2 get across. Plus I am busy most of the time & dont have time 2 think about spelling errors or grammar.

**A: if you are busy most of the time, then you are not busy some of the time. Therefore. common sense would dictate that you should post "some of the time", at such times that you would not be too busy to have time 2 think about spelling errors or grammar.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

r2lrn said:
When i write my forums I dont thnk about grammer only what my concerns or point i am trying 2 get across. Plus I am busy most of the time & dont have time 2 think about spelling errors or grammar. But what u say is ur opinion & every1 has there own opinion about everyone & everythng so again I appreciate ur opinion but dislike the fact u calling me an idiot when u dont know me. According 2 ur profile ur a lawyer. SO ACT LIKE ONE & BE PROFESSIONAL.

My response:

Then I don't have time to put up with your bullcrap writing style. When you decide to use the English language properly, then come back and ask your questions.

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

r2lrn said:
What is the name of your state? tx

I recieved a letter from a company which read I had a chance to win xyz prizes. (they received my info since I own a bizness) I called them up 2 see what it was about. They informed me that they were a company that advertizes there products thru other business. The way they get us interested in doing so is by coming up w/ contests 2 win prizes. Then they said that I had 2 purchase $XXX.XX amout of products 2 be entered. I did so.
I recieved my products and was entered in the drawing.
Several weeks later I recieved my prize & a call saying that I was also entered in a new contest. In order for me to join that one I had 2 pay $X,XXX.XX amont of products.
Seeing that the new contest contained a prize that could possible help my business grow (the contest was a cash prize ranging from $X,XXX.XX - $XX,XXX.XX) I accepted & paid them the X,XXX.XX & was entered.
As of now it seemed that they did what they said they would (except 4 a minor lie about the 1st prize I got). When I recieved a call about 1 month later they said that in order for me 2 be entered in the drawing 4 the cash prize. I would need 2 purchase X,XXX.XX of there products again .

This is where my question comes in. To me it seems that they lure you in to purchasing there products (which I think is over priced) by entering you in a contest (that u r guarenteed 2 win). Once you win then they lure you into purchasing a lot more of there over priced products by saying you have a chance to win another prize. I feel that I have already paid for the prize that I won and was scammed into purchasing overpriced products. Also they expect you to advertize for them on how great they r and there products.

As of now I am pretty upset @ them and want my money back & wouldnt mind returning there products and prize that I basiclly paid for back to them. Do you think I will have a case if i try 2 file suit against them.

Q: Do you think I will have a case if i try 2 file suit against them.

A: No; it is not illegal to sell overpriced items and/or offer them as a prize.

r2lrn

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Then I don't have time to put up with your bullcrap writing style. When you decide to use the English language properly, then come back and ask your questions.

IAAL
Never asked you to reply to my post. You choose to do so. I read your post took it under consideration & told you how I felt and that should be that. I came to this forum thinking that not only will I be getting good info, but getting that info in a professional way (especially coming from a laywer as you say you are). Whether you want to reply to my posts next time is your decision but as for me I will continue asking questions here when they come up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">