• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with ebay final value fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rokas Kundrotas

Please excuse my grammar mistakes, it I second language for me. It will make my question little bit difficult to read, since it is hard to explain what kind of a problem I have.
I own online EBay camera store. I had sold on eBay for past 6 years. And got my power seller status couple years ago. I have platinum power seller status, that means that I sell at least 25,000$ of goods every month. In fact I sell approximately 30,000$ every month. Of those app. 10% come back as returned merchandise, since I offer 90 day money back guaranty on all items.
Here is the problem with eBay. Since I get so many returns, eBay should refund my final value fees (or app 8% of each item final value). That comes app to 300$ a month. Or roughly 3600$ a year.
EBay would credit final value fees if seller filed unpaid item or mutual agreement notice on time. And I did. But by mistake I have reversed all final value fees by mistake for the last few years because (in my opinion) final value fee ”reverse” button was left right next to the final value fee link (it seems that link was left there to mislead eBay sellers to click on that button). I thought that I had to click on that link to get my final value fees back, but in fat fees were reversed back to eBay.
Since last month eBay policy has changed and they removed that “reverse final value fee” button. Now all final value fees are reversed automatically as soon as they are approved by eBay.
When I contacted eBay customer support that I made a mistake they have credited my account for the past few months. But they did not give me final value fees for the past few years.
Here is short summary of EBay final value credits:” Sellers with Unpaid Items are eligible for Final Value Fee credits. Also, if the item is relisted and sells the second time, eBay will refund the Insertion Fee for the relisting. Learn more about how the free relist policy works.
Note: Sellers who falsely report Unpaid Items may have all credits for the time period in question reversed, lose the right to use the Final Value Fee Credit system for a period of time and/or be subject to suspension.
eBay provides an online Unpaid Item process through which the buyer and seller can communicate with each other to resolve Unpaid Item disputes. The seller's eligibility for a Final Value Fee credit depends on the outcome of this process….”
Do I have a case here?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">