• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Product payment issues with a company in Portland area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maninwest

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
My friend has a company in Hongkong and a motor factory in mainland China. He has business relationship with a company in Portland area for over five years. In late last year, the company in Portland issued some POs to my friend's company to buy come motor components. For two of these POs, my friend's company had already shipped all the products to the company in Portland, but his company only received a small part of the payment from the company in Portland. Seven months passed, the company in Portland still owe my friend's company more than half a million US dollars and refuse to either make the payment or return the products. My friend has learned through some channel that the company in Portland had already sold those products to its customer.

Since my friend live in China, it is not convenient for him to travel to North America to deal with this issue. He asked me to help him. What should I do? What the cost will be if we decide to hire a lawyer to deal with this? Will we win the case? Please send me an email if you can help me on this at

[email protected]

racer72

Tell your friend to hire a US attorney to sue the bad guys. Thanks for leaving your email address, spammers will be filling your inbox shortly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">