• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

promissory note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debraabcde

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona
was married, husband had a business that was incorp. during our separation before the divorced, he forged my signature to a promissory note with me as one of the commercial guarantors. i never knew a thing, the bank never contacted me. loan amount $35000.00
when bank contacted me about default payment i was quite shocked. bank has now sold note to a law firm that is sueing me for this note. Who has to prove it is not my signature? note holder or me. How can a bank loan this kind of money with out ever talking to me personally, dating signiture on note, having signature notarized, this was all done with out my knowledge.help please

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona
was married, husband had a business that was incorp. during our separation before the divorced, he forged my signature to a promissory note with me as one of the commercial guarantors. i never knew a thing, the bank never contacted me. loan amount $35000.00
when bank contacted me about default payment i was quite shocked. bank has now sold note to a law firm that is sueing me for this note. Who has to prove it is not my signature? note holder or me. How can a bank loan this kind of money with out ever talking to me personally, dating signiture on note, having signature notarized, this was all done with out my knowledge.help please
You need to prove that the signature on the documents is not yours. I suggest you get an attorney as soon as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">