• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recieved no pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dianasings

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am a singer, my manager and I made a verbal agreement with the owner of the Ramada Inn in St. Petersburg to bring his closed bar of four years up to speed, manage it and hire entertainment when needed. After working for three weeks, AM to AM, painting, scrubbing, hiring bartenders, we opened and began making money. The owner then tells us his brother will now manage the bar. We told him that was not our agreement. He told me "You are the singer and you should be happy with that, why do we need to be behind the bar?". I told him to make sure everything went well and to be the, "face" of the bar. He had no clue nor does his brother on how to run a bar, neither of them drink. Do I have a chance in small claims court. I have at least two people he told we were the bar managers. After that he told us it was over and said he would pay us only $500! We refused. Thank you for any help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Mass_Shyster

I am a singer, my manager and I made a verbal agreement with the owner of the Ramada Inn in St. Petersburg to bring his closed bar of four years up to speed, manage it and hire entertainment when needed.
Sounds like a great deal for the owner. What did the agreement say that you would receive in return?

After working for three weeks, AM to AM, painting, scrubbing, hiring bartenders, we opened and began making money.
So it sounds like you fulfilled your part of the deal.
The owner then tells us his brother will now manage the bar. We told him that was not our agreement.
What was your understanding of the agreement?

Without a written agreement, you're not likely to collect. The owner will likely claim that you were desperate for work, so agreed to help him reopen his bar so you would have a place to sing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">