• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund of Cancelled Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluetopaz1121

What is the name of your state? NJ
In January of 2005 I purchased a used SUV from a local dealership. At the time of purchase I was encouraged by the salesman to purchase the extended warranty, which I did. He told me I could cancel at anytime and that I would be refunded the unused, prorated portion. When the gasoline prices started to rise, I traded the SUV in, at another dealership, for a new, small car. This was done in June of 2005. After the trade, I contacted the warranty company to cancel and asked for a refund of my money. I was told that because I had waited until after I traded the vehicle, I had voided my contract and was not entitled to a refund. I was told to refer to a certain section in the "fine print" for an explantion. I read that section-it referred to transferring the contract, not cancelling, and it did not mention I would not be entitled to a refund. The original dealership even called the warranty co. to fight for me to receive a refund. but they refuse to budge. Do I have an legal standing here? Can I do anything about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">