• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replication of solicited budget/timeframe estimates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fbomb111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello,

If I were to receive an estimate of budget and timeframe for a given project from say 3 different businesses, would I legally be allowed to reproduce them and post them on my website so I can draw comparisons?

I would prefer not to tell the companies that I was planning to make the information publicly available because I don't want it to bias their estimate.

I would also prefer to include the information about the business, such as name, website link, etc, so that my audience knows the source of the estimates as opposed to thinking they might have been fabricated.

Thank you for your time!

LdiJ

Hello,

If I were to receive an estimate of budget and timeframe for a given project from say 3 different businesses, would I legally be allowed to reproduce them and post them on my website so I can draw comparisons?

I would prefer not to tell the companies that I was planning to make the information publicly available because I don't want it to bias their estimate.

I would also prefer to include the information about the business, such as name, website link, etc, so that my audience knows the source of the estimates as opposed to thinking they might have been fabricated.

Thank you for your time!
Why do you need to post them on your website to draw comparisons?

quincy

Hello,

Thank you for your time!
Like LdiJ, I question the purpose behind your wish to publish project estimates when a comparison between the different business estimates can be made without website publication.

Who exactly is the "audience" who may question the validity of the source of estimates?

If you suspect or believe others could suspect an antitrust violation (price fixing, bid rigging, a market allocation scheme), you should contact the Citizen Complaint Center of the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice or, if you fear YOU may be accused of an antitrust violation, seek legal assistance in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">