• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reporting a franchise owner to the corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colliercat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I am a private contractor to a hotel here. The owner has recently made the threat of breaching our contract not only to myself but; to a fellow employee, because I declined his inappropriate advances and confronted him on his behavior w/ other employees. I know the legal recourse I will have to take will the labor board for non-payment, and I know how to report him on the other thing. What I want to know is how do I get the corporation involved? How do I find out what exactly it will take for him to get more than a slap on the wrist? Is there a way for me to get a hold of their franchise agreement? Are they liable for his actions? No one else has ever filed a complaint against him with the courts much less who supports his lively hood. He has a long list of current and former employees that just walked away. I have no interest in suing him, I just want him to be shut down and not be able to continue what he's been doing. I was a disability and victims advocate for many years and I just can't let this go. Please, Please, HELP!!!

Oh Yeah, after his first sexual comment I started bringing a digital recorder to work and do have him on tape making advances, as well as the threat to terminate me for it. And a notarized statement from a fellow employee who is being harassed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">