• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sale of gas station

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vinnie450

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I'll keep it brief and straight to the point.

-I'm selling a gas station
-The gas station has an issue with it. When it rains, the spout on the ground where the gas delivery truck refills the underground tanks, gets submerged with water...When this happens, you have to wait until the water level goes down or pump out that water before removing the spout cap to fill up gas.
-I verbally mentioned this to the buyer. I don't feel the buyer understands what a pain this could be.
-I'm afraid that she will sue me after the closing.
-I don't want to raise visibility on that issue so don't want to have anything in writing about it.
-My question is, can she sue me post closing about this issue??????

thanks and best regards,
Vin

Some Random Guy

So you don't want to get sued for not disclosing it, but you don't want proof of the disclosure in writing because they might pay attention to it.

I don't think you can have it both ways. Put it in writing - its peace of mind for the next two years.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I'll keep it brief and straight to the point.

-I'm selling a gas station
-The gas station has an issue with it. When it rains, the spout on the ground where the gas delivery truck refills the underground tanks, gets submerged with water...When this happens, you have to wait until the water level goes down or pump out that water before removing the spout cap to fill up gas.
-I verbally mentioned this to the buyer. I don't feel the buyer understands what a pain this could be.
-I'm afraid that she will sue me after the closing.
-I don't want to raise visibility on that issue so don't want to have anything in writing about it.
-My question is, can she sue me post closing about this issue??????

thanks and best regards,
Vin
**A: you should have an attorney write a condition disclosure statement and a hold harmless indemnification agreement for the buyer to sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">