• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sales agreement including additional free product now not including free product.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kurt E

Oregon

My wife has a medical spa and as part of her business she has some expensive lasers and similar technologies. Her sales rep came to her with a proposal that was for 8 handsets for her technology that she could finance and get an additional 4 handsets free. We were told that the handsets would be financed at 0% for one year at which time we would need to have paid off the balance. After the handsets arrived, we kept hearing that there was some sort of paperwork still needed, but we never could clarity from the sales rep what that was, for months. When we finally figured out what was requested, our financials for the prior three years, we submitted them to the financing company that was suppose to do the deal. The financing company came back and said that we were not approved. So we were trying to work out a payment plan with the company directly. The terms they have now provided us, allow us to pay off the handsets with in one year which is nice. However, they are charging us full price for all 12 handsets. The sales rep that sold us the initial deal is on vacation and the first payment will be due on Wednesday. I don't think my wife should sign off on the agreement until we've spoken to the sales rep and her manager at the very least, but I think we should make the first payment, otherwise we'll be sent to collections which will just create more problems. I just found out about all this and won't be able to get my hands on a copy of the actual agreement until Monday.
Just trying to get a sense of how things like this work where a salesperson makes a promise that is not held. I'm guessing that the initial agreement stipulated things that as a result of us not getting financing and now working things out with AR, have resulted in us owing the full amount, but won't know until I see that info.
Any thoughts on this would be very helpful. We're looking at an extra $8k we weren't suppose to pay as part of the deal.
Thank you.
Kurt

quincy

Oregon

My wife has a medical spa and as part of her business she has some expensive lasers and similar technologies. Her sales rep came to her with a proposal that was for 8 handsets for her technology that she could finance and get an additional 4 handsets free. We were told that the handsets would be financed at 0% for one year at which time we would need to have paid off the balance. After the handsets arrived, we kept hearing that there was some sort of paperwork still needed, but we never could clarity from the sales rep what that was, for months. When we finally figured out what was requested, our financials for the prior three years, we submitted them to the financing company that was suppose to do the deal. The financing company came back and said that we were not approved. So we were trying to work out a payment plan with the company directly. The terms they have now provided us, allow us to pay off the handsets with in one year which is nice. However, they are charging us full price for all 12 handsets. The sales rep that sold us the initial deal is on vacation and the first payment will be due on Wednesday. I don't think my wife should sign off on the agreement until we've spoken to the sales rep and her manager at the very least, but I think we should make the first payment, otherwise we'll be sent to collections which will just create more problems. I just found out about all this and won't be able to get my hands on a copy of the actual agreement until Monday.
Just trying to get a sense of how things like this work where a salesperson makes a promise that is not held. I'm guessing that the initial agreement stipulated things that as a result of us not getting financing and now working things out with AR, have resulted in us owing the full amount, but won't know until I see that info.
Any thoughts on this would be very helpful. We're looking at an extra $8k we weren't suppose to pay as part of the deal.
Thank you.
Kurt
The agreement that you signed needs to be read in its entirety. It generally will be the terms of the written agreement that you signed, and not oral promises, that will govern what you have obligated yourself to paying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">