• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sell computer parts for debt owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

netnameus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I did some contract work for a company that currently owes me about $5k. While doing the work for them, they provided me with some hardware to do testing on. I currently have that hardware.

The company is not paying my invoice so I was thinking of selling this hardware to apply towards the invoice. I can probably get a couple thousand for it.

What should I do to protect myself if they decided to ask for the hardware back? I thought about a certified letter with an invoice and a letter stating my intentions.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You need to go to court and obtain a judgment against them for non-payment. Then, you would need to go to court again in order to be able to sell their hardware.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">