• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling/closing a franchise business before lease ends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shortfu

I own a Snap Fitness gym in CA and operate it under an LLC. I recently ran into personal and financial difficulty that I need to sell the gym. I still not have met my obligated time yet. Snap HQ said that if closed my gym without its consent, I may be forced to pay the monthly club franchise fee for the remaining of obligated time.

I'm thinking just closing the gym and selling all the assets if I can't sell the gym. What legal ramifications that I need to consider should I pursue this option?

justalayman

Read your franchise agreement. If you are obligated to perform for XX months or years before termination then that is what it is.

justalayman

none. everything conducted under the LLC where I signed as the principle member.
It would require a full review of all the facts to be able to determine if you are in the clear here. You should run this past a bk attorney who can review all the facts and provide an opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">