• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sig Other and I started a biz together, Now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ImAwake

What is the name of your state (NC)?
Sig Other and I started an internet biz together, she invested the money and I did almost all the work. It became sucessful, our relationship didn't. There is nothing in writing except all my written material. I wrote every product description as well as content pages. She went to a lawyer and tells me that my "work" on the site was paying for my room and board (me and my child) and we were never partners. The business was started as a partnership! Do I have a chance in he** if I sue for the income I have lost since I left the personal relationship?

This person continues to make good money off of all my hard work (my musings/writing on the site)!

I have been told that I can have the pages with my content removed from the site by the hosting company for copyright infringement but she says if I do, she will sue me for extortion and lost earnings???

Any advice would be appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (NC)?
Sig Other and I started an internet biz together, she invested the money and I did almost all the work. It became sucessful, our relationship didn't. There is nothing in writing except all my written material. I wrote every product description as well as content pages. She went to a lawyer and tells me that my "work" on the site was paying for my room and board (me and my child) and we were never partners. The business was started as a partnership! Do I have a chance in he** if I sue for the income I have lost since I left the personal relationship?

This person continues to make good money off of all my hard work (my musings/writing on the site)!

I have been told that I can have the pages with my content removed from the site by the hosting company for copyright infringement but she says if I do, she will sue me for extortion and lost earnings???

Any advice would be appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Please tell me you have a formal partnership agreement in place.

ImAwake

Nothing "legal"

No sir/mam. The site is in her name, the biz acct was in his name (paypal), TAX ID, in her name.

I just did ALL the work.

Thanks for responding.

ImAwake

But everything on the site was written by ME!

Does that mean that I should be paid for my copyrighted material? Can I shut the site down until a court of law decides with out repercussions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">