• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jopra99

Texas

Customer purchased telemarketing services for 3 separate orders ranging from January – April 09. Prior to purchase he signed a Arbitration and Mediation Clause as well as a contract outlining our services. He recently filed a “chargeback” with his credit card company advising he did not receive the services advertised. The reason for this was he later found out his insurance company he was selling for was not going to refund the money to him because he did not get prior permission to use our services. I would like to pursue this legally to recoup the money. Since in our contract with the agent it states: “Any mediation or arbitration conducted hereunder shall take place in Collin County, Texas.” Can I go to my county small claims court and file a suit? We are not a corporation so we do not necessarly need an attorney to represent us in court. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Jopra99

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">