• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Networking Online Game

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keithball

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I entered into a verbal business arrangement to develop an online game with a gentleman. I secured the funding for the project, developed some of the concepts and ideas of the game, in addition to doing a bunch of PR work for the project as well. I have well over a month into this project, and because of some differences my partner and i have had, it appears as if he is going to go ahead with the project without me aboard. we had agreed to a 51%-49% partnership on this and we did not do a written agreement because he is currently going through a bankruptcy and he did not want that to affect what we are doing. what kind of recourse do i have at this point? i have all of the files, emails and some of our chat dialogue which clearly points out my involvement as a partner to a high degree in this venture. i even have copies of the transactions that were paid to the programmer we hired for this project. please advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CaliforniaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tranquility

No one will be able to tell with the paucity of facts available in a forum like this. From what you've written, I don't think you have much of a case, but there is nothing obviously negative to the possibility. It would be complex and difficult and expensive to prosecute and it is unlikely you would find an attorney to help on contingency as the payoff will be low.

keithball

social networking game

being that i have put up the funding into an escrow account and made/arranged all the payments to the programmer for the coding in this game, wouldnt this make the property (template) mine? if so, what can i do to stop or delay the release of this project online until this is resolved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">