• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold me the business and then came back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AJ2004

Hello, My husband bought a business for twenty thousand dollar. After Eight months the person that sold him the business came back and started the same type of business in another name. As soon as he came back my husbands jobs slowed down drastically and the other guy is boasting of how busy he is. I guess the question I have is whether or not we are able to do anything legally about the money we gave him, since he is now in operation again?

AJ2004

I repeat, was there anything about a non-compete clause or situation in the deal?
Yes, there was a verbal agreement stating that he was not going take my husband's jobs. It was repetedly said in front of witnesses not to worry he was not coming back.

justalayman

there you go. He apparently did commit to a verbal non-compete.

So, now, you go to an attorney and ask how to file for an injunction to order the other party to cease and desist operations.

You Are Guilty

First off - no state.

Second off - if its in the US, you got a statute of frauds problem.

Third off - then there's the evidentiary issues which aren't even worth discussing till #1 and #2 are resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">