• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Submitted offer/earnest money down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awilliams1163

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nebraska

I submitted a offer on a business and it was accepted. I sent in the required down as good faith. 3 days later the broker contacted the seller and told seller she was not sure I could get financed and asked him if he wanted to go with "Jim" the guy I was going to partner with since his credit was better. they then contacted Jim and asked him to submit his own offer which was what I originally offered. I spoke with broker on Sat and se informed me of this and said she would send my money back. My question is why wasn't I given an opportunity to get financing by 4/20 the clsoe date first. Can they legally do this and why?
alice

Mass_Shyster

My question is why wasn't I given an opportunity to get financing by 4/20 the clsoe date first. Can they legally do this and why?
alice
Unless there is some bizarre statute in Nebraska, there's nothing wrong with what they have done.

You are still free to make another offer, and you may want to secure some kind of commitment for financing first. Right now, it looks like they feel more secure with Jim's ability than they do with your ability to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">