• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued for additional rent past lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlenewo

Louisiana

1.) Signed a commercial lease in February 2007 to end Feb 29, 2008. (940 + tax/month)

2.) Tore down wall in existing space to enlarge rental space which increased rent 500 dollars in june 2007. Landlord asked partner if he would sign additional 2 years for tearing down wall, partner said he would talk to me but yes.

3.) Three days later I find a different property 3x's larger for less money.

4.) Immediately go see landlord and tell him that my business will be leaving at the original termination date. (8 months away)

5.) Agree with landlord to give up deposit (940$) for the wall that was torn down, also which was the reason he wanted us to sign additional years lease.

6.) In the following months landlord harassed my business partner and insulted him frequently. One day, while I was not there and my partner was busy the landlord pressured my partner into signing a note stating that he would pay 2 additional months rent and 600 dollars for not signing the additional 2 years lease.

7.) I was not told about this agreement and never signed anything. I am the agent on the LLC and 50% owner. Do I have to pay this guy?

ALSO*** We moved off of his premises in October 2007, and paid rent untilFeb. 2008 as per our original lease.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
See Duplicate Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=403212

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">