• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tentative contract troubles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1963jag

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

As a middle-man, I am obtaining cost estimates for a software product to be built for a real estate firm. The software developer wants to buy me out of the non-disclosure, non-circumvention, non-competition agreements and take on the project. After completion of the software, he says he will bring me back in to sell the product to additional clients in the niche.
I am thinking that this is a blatant attempt at cutting me out of the loop.
I have already proved the value of this software product in discussions with 2 other firms, which tells me that the developer sees the opportunity to swoop in and eliminate me from the equation.

I need legal input on which way to go.
As a side note, I am in no way obligated to see that this man is contracted to create the software. All I want from him is an estimate for the project along with a proposal of how it would solve the problem the real estate firm is experiencing.

What should I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

As a middle-man, I am obtaining cost estimates for a software product to be built for a real estate firm. The software developer wants to buy me out of the non-disclosure, non-circumvention, non-competition agreements and take on the project. After completion of the software, he says he will bring me back in to sell the product to additional clients in the niche.
I am thinking that this is a blatant attempt at cutting me out of the loop.
I have already proved the value of this software product in discussions with 2 other firms, which tells me that the developer sees the opportunity to swoop in and eliminate me from the equation.

I need legal input on which way to go.
As a side note, I am in no way obligated to see that this man is contracted to create the software. All I want from him is an estimate for the project along with a proposal of how it would solve the problem the real estate firm is experiencing.

What should I do?
Are you located in Canada? That's what your profile says. In any case, yours is not a legal question, rather, it is a business question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">