• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminating A Sales Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PanAm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My question involves business law in the state of: Florida

Greetings,

I am 4.5 months into a 9 month contract that I signed with a Florida Sales & Marketing private company to help me sell my products. I have signed to pay them $6700/month for such service and have done so up until this date. I now want to cancel this agreement because of their abysmal performance. In this time they have generated just $2000 of sales. They are also late providing me with payments and sales reports. I have very little confidence in their service going forward. As a result, I now want to bring my sales and marketing "in house" because it will be money better spent as I can better control the sales process.

I have withheld this months' payment and it is now 15 days past due and they have not contacted me for their payment either. There is nothing in the contract that says I can terminate it on grounds of their poor performance. Contract states that should I want to terminate, I must sent them both an email and a certified letter in the mail at lease one month before the contract expiry to notify them of my decision. I am also located in Florida.

Question 1 : Can I terminate the contract prematurely?

Question 2: if yes, can I do it without any penalty?

Question 3: What is the best way to advise them of my intent to terminate?

Thank You in Advance. Cheers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">