• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of an equipment lease based on mutual agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saintsinuhe

I had a lease contract with one of point of sales company in 2015. 8 months later due to running loss, I sent them an email and explained the situation and asked them to cancel my lease. My sales rep replied back and said he will come to pick up the equipment the day after. I asked him if I can keep them for another week, he said no because our office is closed over the new year. I assumed that lease got cancelled based on mutual agreement and closed down the business. I also cancelled GST registration in May. Now and after 7 months, they are asking me why you havent made the payments? I advised them that based on my request and their action for picking up the equipment, that lease has been cancelled and guarantor myself- has no liability for that lease. I was wondering if my assumption is right and company has no right to receive the payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">