• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Too many Bridal Shops.. Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irishgem2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I live in a small city in Southern California where several city council members were indicted this week on a Bribary scheme.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_12565649

I have lived in this city for almost 30 years (I'm 31!) and it has gone down hill, especially these past 10 years.

We have a main road which is about a mile and a half long, and there are about 30!!! Bridial Shops.. Most blocks have 2-3 on it (that's just on one side of the street).

I've talked to many in the city including a man in real estate who's been here since the 60's. We all know these Bridal Shops are a cover up for illegal use (drugs, etc..)

With the City Council members being charged (with a completely different issue), we have a feeling they are getting paid to allow so many Bridal Shops.

I never see anyone go in the shops.

Is there a law where a city can only have a certain amount of the same type of store? I've been complaining about the Bridal shops to the city council (who are obviously corrupt) for almost 10 years!

Last edited:

JETX

Is there a law where a city can only have a certain amount of the same type of store? I've been complaining about the Bridal shops to the city council (who are obviously corrupt) for almost 10 years!
Simple answer.. No.

Anyone wanna' bet that this writer owns the ONLY honest bridal shop in town. :D

irishgem2010

Let's not answer with a stupid comment now, please.

It's been pure HELL and I can't say I've been in a bridal shop, and certainly don't own one.

So, please think before you make a stupid @ss remark. I came here for help and was hoping to get a reply from someone with over the IQ of 10.

You obviously don't fit that requirement.

Country Living

Between the Bridal Shops and the washing machine issue I'd already have my bags packed. My first stop would be the store to get some cheese.

Hot Topic

How do all you "know" that the shops are a cover for illegal activities? I mean actual proof, which a "feeling" is not.

You watch all of the bridal shops 24 hours a day; hence, your statement that no one ever goes in?

Why are you so bothered by the shops? Are the people running them trying to run you out of business or have they committed some form of harassment that has interfered with your peaceful enjoyment of the city?

irishgem2010

I don't own a business in the city. Like I've said, I have lived here for 30 years and it has gone down hill a lot.

It seems like many people 'know' that the Bridal Shops are cover ups for other things. I've talked to a real estate person who's been in business here for 40 years, he said the city council gets a kick back and that it's all drugs and prostition.

I also went to see an upholstery man in the city and we spoke about the council members getting arrested (see article above). I mention to him that there are a lot of Bridal shops in the city, and HE even knew they were covers for drugs, etc... I hadn't mentioned that part. :/

It seems like a well known secret and maybe too many people are scared to speak up.

Thanks for your help though.

JOliver

Drugs. Prostitution. Bridal shop.

Sounds like my perfect one stop shop. Drugs aren't my thing, but I can find a wife (the hooker) and get her fitted for her dress all in one swoop.

The're just being "green" and reducing the amount of emissions I emit driving from place to place!

Hot Topic

Having a feeling or "knowing" is still not the same as having proof that you can take to the state attorney general's office.

Sounds like the citizens have way too much time on their hands.

BlondiePB

This sure does give new meaning to "Here Comes The Bride".

Perhaps some brides could be rounded up for these guys. Heck, they may take one of them there shady ladies. :eek:

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=11078

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I live in a small city in Southern California where several city council members were indicted this week on a Bribary scheme.

Temple City mayor, 2 others charged in bribery scheme - Whittier Daily News

I have lived in this city for almost 30 years (I'm 31!) and it has gone down hill, especially these past 10 years.

We have a main road which is about a mile and a half long, and there are about 30!!! Bridial Shops.. Most blocks have 2-3 on it (that's just on one side of the street).

I've talked to many in the city including a man in real estate who's been here since the 60's. We all know these Bridal Shops are a cover up for illegal use (drugs, etc..)

With the City Council members being charged (with a completely different issue), we have a feeling they are getting paid to allow so many Bridal Shops.

I never see anyone go in the shops.

Running a bridal shop is not illegal. Selling illegal drugs is illegal.

It sounds like there are some openings on the city council. You sound like a civic-minded citizen. Why don't you run for city council? You could base your platform on cleaning up the illegal drug activity in the city.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">